4x Olympian and National Champion Debbie McCormick will be offering a delivery clinic at Bucks County Curling Club on Wednesday October 4th at 6:00 and again at 7:30. Each clinic is limited to 10 participants.
The Curling Experience sessions provide a great taster to the sport with an introduction to the basics on how the game is played. The goal of the Curling Experience is to get you on the ice experiencing a game of curling as quickly and safely as possible. Sessions are reasonably priced and last approximately two hours. About 1/3 of the time will be reviewing safety and instruction and the remaining 2/3 being game play. Sessions are delivered by Bucks Curling Club members and qualified instructors.
What to Expect
- Moving around; getting comfortable and confident on the ice
- Introduction to curling delivery and opportunity to practice
- Introduction to sweeping and opportunity to practice
- Game play opportunities
The Curling Experience costs $50 to participate. This price includes:
- 2 hours of instruction, practice, and simulated game play.
- Use of all necessary equipment.
- Post experience snacks and refreshments in our warm room (BYOB).
What to Wear
All equipment is supplied including brushes and sliders. All you need is warm, loose fitting clothing and clean, flat, rubber soled shoes (trainers are ideal) to change into for curling. Delivery sticks allow stones to be delivered from a standing position or wheelchair and are available for those with mobility issues.